Our Desired Outcomes: (What we desire for our family of believers)
We believe our desired outcomes as a church is to lead people to courageously follow Jesus and live according to his commands. Relying on the Holy Spirit we will make disciples through Biblical teaching and worship (Looking Up), community & fellowship (Loving Others), and reaching out to and inviting others to know Jesus (Launching out).
1. First and foremost, We Pursue Jesus by being disciples.
- Follow Jesus. “Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow ” Luke 9:23
- Love Jesus. “Jesus replied: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.” Matthew 22:37
- Obey Jesus. “In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands.” 1 John 5:3
- Imitate Jesus. “Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.” 1 John 2:6
- Demonstrate our love for Jesus in our actions. “If any one of you has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in you? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.” 1 John 3:17-18
2. Authentic and Transparent. We will choose to be real with God, real with others, and real with ourselves. We will not live false, idealistic, or hidden lives. We will celebrate God’s mercy, forgiveness and grace among us.
3. Simplicity. We will choose the least complicated approach to our beliefs, decision-making, ministry processes, language, and engaging others. We will not make access to truth, knowledge, leading or serving difficult.
4. Empowerment. We will choose to give away responsibility, authority, to deploy all believers in ministry according to their God given gifts. We chose a relational approach to ministry and decision-making. We will listen to God and follow the Holy Spirit’s leading.
5. Spiritual Growth. We will encourage spiritual growth by discipleship in study, prayer, community, and leadership development. We will encourage each believer to take personal responsibility for their spiritual, relational, emotional and financial health, who can then reach out and disciple others.