LOV Bible Study The Commands of Christ by Tom Blackaby 9:30-11:30
Meet at Ruth’s 314 B C Ave for a time of study and prayer. Books available online from $2.99 (kindle) and up. We have a few copies for $9.00 Please see Nancy D to reserve a copy or sign up on the hall table and reserve one by checking the box.
Thursday Walk-in Prayer 1-5pm in Ruth’s home
314 S. BC Ave. Pray about anything on your heart! The door is open! If you are willing to be a part of passionate prayer for prodigals, please e-mail Ruth at email@example.com. You can call her at 354-2341.
Worship Rehearsal @6:00 at Ministry Center
Office Volunteer Needed Thursdays from 10:00-12:00
This person would print the bulletin and any inserts necessary and send out the v-news weekly. There would be a couple of other miscellaneous duties as well. If you are interested or have questions please contact Nancy Dupre 319-9326.
Saturday 9 AM Courtyard Clean up
Volunteers needed to prune, weed and lay bark in the courtyard beds. If you can help, please bring garden/work gloves, weeding tools and possibly a shovel. More information can be had by calling David K at 354-5977.
Saturday Morning: September 16th Prayer as a Priority!
We meet the first, third and fifth Sunday of every month at 7AM, here in the Ministry Center
Community Group Sign Ups During Fellowship This Sunday
During fellowship time a table will be set up with information on the studies offered this fall. Your community group leaders will be available to ask any questions and books (if needed) will be there as well. If you have never joined a community group in the past, please consider a group this year.
Community is important for spiritual growth and provides a connection with your church family that can’t be made in a few minutes on Sunday mornings. Several groups are meeting at the ministry center on Sunday evening so childcare is shared. Some groups begin September 10th so begin to plan now which is a good fit for you.
|Greeters||Slagles and Vi
|Stockmans and Nancy D
|D/L Clarks and
|Fellowship||JoAnne D and Helen E||Lorna and Alean||Mollie and Enid|
|Next New Way Meal||Needed- Sign up on hall table||Tina, Nancy D||Tina, Nancy D|
Youth Group Kicks Off Sept 11 6:30-9:00
We have a joint High School and Middle School group that meets Monday nights at the Ministry Center. We share a time of joint worship, activity and teaching; followed by small groups, determined by age. Have questions? Call Pastor Will @ 360-223-8309
Tuesday Walk-in Prayer 1-5pm in Ruth’s home
314 S. BC Ave. Pray about anything on your heart! The door is open! If you are willing to be a part of passionate prayer for prodigals, please e-mail Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can call her at 354-2341.
Bulletin Deadline 2:00
Burden Shepherding Group BBQ at the Zylstra Home September 16 @ 5pm
Join the Burdens for a great time of fellowship and encouragement and enjoy the classic backyard of the Zylstras for an evening BBQ. Look for information on what to bring.
VCF Town Hall Meeting and Potluck September 24
The elder team will be conducting a VCF town hall meeting following our Sunday morning church service.
The format for the meeting will allow for open questions from attendees/membership. A preliminary list of topics might include the following:
- Questions regarding how VCF leadership is structured.
- Areas we could strengthen upon VCF calling and impact to our community, region and the world.
- How we can more effectively meet the spiritual growth needs of our attendee/membership community.
- Areas related to the church’s finances.
- Other topics as requested by those attending
This is not an official business meeting and is open for all attendees of VCF.
A-H please bring a main dish, I-P a salad or side and Q-Z dessert.
VCF will provide drinks and paper products.
Men’s Fish Camp November 6-13
Save the dates, details to come.
Office Volunteer Needed Thursdays from 10:00-12:00
This person would print the bulletin and any inserts necessary and send out the v-news weekly. There would be a couple of other miscellaneous duties as well. If you are interested or have questions please contact Nancy Dupre at 319-9326 to get training started.
Intercessory Prayer Team
This ministry is ongoing and can be joined at any time by contacting Tina at email@example.com or Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Satan doesn’t fear our prayers but he DOES fear Christ to Whom we offer our prayers because he knows our Savior hears and answers. Prayer is our greatest weapon against him and evil and he works hard to prevent us from praying. Become a Prayer “Seal” Frontline Warrior of God by uniting with others whose desire is to see God’s Spirit move in our church family, our homes, our community and our nation. No meetings to attend. Pick up a flyer for details along with examples of prayers to pray for one another AND our Pastors, Leaders and Staff. Tee-shirts (Prayer “Seal” uniforms) are also available that proclaim we are people of the Word, of Prayer and Frontline Warriors in God’s Army!
Prayer Requests, as well as updates and praises can be sent to email@example.com
Community Group Questions
God’s Impossible Solution! Romans 5:6-11
- Describe what kind of people the following words describe? Powerless … ungodly … sinners … enemies.
- Now define each word and give an example of the word used in action.
- Where is the phrase “God helps those who help themselves” in the Bible?
- Why do our works miss the mark for salvation?
- Explain from this passage why you were an enemy of God prior to your salvation.
- According to Vs. 7-8, what is God’s incredible solution to our sin problem?
- How many people are you willing to die for? Name them.
- Why in these verses would you say that God’s love is much greater than even the greatest attempt of humans to love?
- How does God demonstrate his love to you? How would you prove this from this passage?
- Where’s the love of God?
- If Jesus has died for us, what difference does it make?
- What is significant to the phrase “How much more” used in Vs. 9 & 10?
- Sum up our infinite gift through the death of Christ in three tremendous statements from Vs 9-11.
- Why can we be so sure that we will never go to hell?
- Why is our salvation secure? See Heb 7:
- Why do some Christians look like they are sucking on lemons instead of being filled with joy? What does Vs. 11 say should be our attitude?
- Do you have that assurance?