V-News is sent to attendees of Victory Christian Fellowship with the goal of communication and connection. If you no longer wish to receive the V-News, please reply to this email by simply responding Unsubscribe in the subject line. Deadline to submit is Thursdays at noon.
Events Happening This Week
LOV Bible Study The Commands of Christ by Tom Blackaby 9:30-11:30
Join us at Ruth’s 314 B C Ave for a time of study and prayer. Books available at the study for $9.00 Please see Nancy D if you have any questions.
Thursday Walk-in Prayer 1-5pm in Ruth’s home
314 S. BC Ave. Pray about anything on your heart! The door is open! If you are willing to be a part of passionate prayer for prodigals, please e-mail Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can call her at 354-2341.
Office Volunteer Needed Thursdays from 10:00-12:00
This person would print the bulletin and any inserts necessary and send out the v-news weekly. There would be a couple of other miscellaneous duties as well. If you are interested or have questions please contact Nancy Dupre 319-9326.
Saturday Morning: October 21st Prayer as a Priority!
We meet the first, third and fifth Sunday of every month at 7AM, here in the Ministry Center
VCF All Skate and Game Day at Lynden Skateway Oct 22 1:00-4:00
Bring the family to Lynden Skateway at 1:00 and leave whenever you would like. Skate rental under 5 years of age is $5.00 and 6 and above is $7.00. There is an extra $2 charge for in-line. You can also rent helmets for $4 and when they are returned receive $2 back. Pay when you arrive to skate or join us at a table for a game and fellowship.
Operation Christmas Child
Final collection of shoeboxes will be November 19th. To participate is simple. Find a shoebox, cardboard or plastic; and fill it with toys, hygiene items or school supplies. A card with information as well as boxes are at the white table under the bulletin board as you enter the hall. (New this year is the restriction of toothpaste and candy due to custom regulations). A $9.00 donation per shoebox is needed for shipping. More information and an opportunity to pay the shipping online can be found at samaritanspurse.org/occ. You can also track where your boxes go by paying your shipping online.
Ministry Night 6:00-7:30.
Three Community Groups currently meet here at the ministry center every Sunday evening: Alpha, Doug T and Greg M) and Community: Starting Well (Emmet and Nancy ). Childcare is provided.
Youth Group 7:00-9:00
We have a joint High School and Middle School group that meets Monday nights at the Ministry Center. We share a time of joint worship, activity and teaching; followed by small groups, determined by age. Have questions? Call Pastor Will @ 360-223-8309
Tuesday Walk-in Prayer 1-5pm in Ruth’s home
314 S. BC Ave. Pray about anything on your heart! The door is open! If you are willing to be a part of passionate prayer for prodigals, please e-mail Ruth at email@example.com. You can call her at 354-2341.
Community Group-Hebrews 7:00 pm
Meets at 418 Cascade Way, Lynden and is led by Chad 360-656-6691.
Bulletin Deadline 2:00
Save the Dates for These Upcoming Events
LOV Coffee Saturday Oct 28 at 9:00
This is a time to meet some of the ladies who have started attending Victory in the last year; and, an opportunity for ladies who are new to be introduced to Women’s ministry teams; such as leadership and H2H (Heart to Heart) Partners. Come and enjoy getting to know one another over a hot cup of tea or coffee and a few refreshments.
Intercessory Prayer Team
This ministry is ongoing and can be joined at any time by contacting Tina at firstname.lastname@example.org or Nancy at email@example.com. Satan doesn’t fear our prayers but he DOES fear Christ to Whom we offer our prayers because he knows our Savior hears and answers. Prayer is our greatest weapon against him and evil and he works hard to prevent us from praying. Become a Prayer “Seal” Frontline Warrior of God by uniting with others whose desire is to see God’s Spirit move in our church family, our homes, our community and our nation. No meetings to attend. Pick up a flyer for details along with examples of prayers to pray for one another AND our Pastors, Leaders and Staff. Tee-shirts (Prayer “Seal” uniforms) are also available that proclaim we are people of the Word, of Prayer and Frontline Warriors in God’s Army!
Prayer Requests, as well as updates and praises can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Group Questions
The Word No One Uses Romans 7:7-13
1. Why is the word “sin” seldom used in our culture? Comment on what words have replaced it.
2. Why does discarding the concept of sin hurt and cause mental illness in people?
3. What does vs. 7 reveal about the facts of sin?
4. What is/was the purpose of the law/10 Commandments?
5. The first 9 commands are outward sins but the last one is a heart sin. Why is the 10th command different?
6. Give an example from Matt 5 where Jesus addresses both outward and inward sin in our heart and attitudes.
7. What does the law reveal about the power of sin in Vs. 8-10?
8. What does it mean “But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, produced in me every type of covetous desire? “and “sin sprang to life”? Vs. 8-10
9. Why do we tend to want to break the rules? I.e… speed limit, wet paint signs etc.?
10. What does the Garden of Eden have to do with this concept?
11. How does the law reveal the deceitfulness of sin? Vs. 11
12. Give 3 ways in which sin deceives from vs. 11.
13. What is the sinfulness of sin and how does the law reveal it in us? Vs 12-13.
14. Give an example of a situation when something is revealed to someone but they refuse to acknowledge it in their life.
15. Answer the question: What’s wrong with America using this passage.
16. Is anyone saved by keeping the 10 commandments?
17. What does James 4:6-7 mean in light of this passage?
18. Why does the law drive us to the cross of Jesus Christ?
19. How would you now, after studying this passage answer this question: Whatever Became of Sin?
20. What is the solution to our Sin problem?
Locating VCF Information
• Community Group Questions
• The Pastor’s Weekly Blog
• VCF Family Calendar of Events
• Weekly Sermon Recordings
Request to be added to the v-news for announcements and community group questions at email@example.com
Victory Christian Fellowship Facebook page
• Weekly Sermon Recordings with Slides
Victory Christian Fellowship Facebook page (closed group)
(Send friend request to join VCF Facebook closed group)
• Prayer Requests
Be e-mailed the prayer requests by being added to the Prayer Network at firstname.lastname@example.org or join the Telephone Chain by contacting Tina Miller @ 360-318-9110