New This Week
Events Happening This Week
LOV Bible Study The Commands of Christ by Tom Blackaby 9:30-11:30
Join us at Ruth’s 314 B C Ave for a time of study and prayer. Books available at the study for $9.00 Please see Nancy D if you have any questions.
Thursday Walk-in Prayer 1-5pm in Ruth’s home
314 S. BC Ave. Pray about anything on your heart! The door is open! If you are willing to be a part of passionate prayer for prodigals, please e-mail Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can call her at 354-2341.
LOV Ladies Night at Janet’s Tonight 7:00 pm
Crochet and Knitting night. Bring your project; learn to crochet or knot or just come for fellowship. Bring a finger food to share. 8170 Telegraph Rd, Everson Any questions? Call Janet @360 220-4784
Men’s Fish Camp October 12-14
Pick up your registration on ministry table. The daily cost is $45 per day.
Join us this year as we embark on a great fishing adventure into the wild region on the upper Harrison River in Canada! Have you ever caught a 20 lb. salmon? Here’s your chance! Even if you have never fished, you will have success and be an accomplished fisherman after this exciting trip.
VCF joins 4 other churches as we pool together to provide basic camping and covered areas for eating and telling stories, lots of quality food, and a spiritual emphasis and devotion each evening as we tie up gear for the next day and tell our whoppers, but true fishing stories.
You can come for the whole trip or simply come for a day or two. Whatever fits in your schedule. Cost: $45 a day. See Pastor Jim or Pastor Will for sign up.
Office Volunteer Needed Thursdays from 10:00-12:00
This person would print the bulletin and any inserts necessary and send out the v-news weekly. There would be a couple of other miscellaneous duties as well. If you are interested or have questions please contact Nancy Dupre 319-9326.
Saturday Morning: October 21st Prayer as a Priority!
We meet the first, third and fifth Sunday of every month at 7AM, here in the Ministry Center
Ministry Night 6:00-7:30.
Three Community Groups currently meet here at the ministry center every Sunday evening: Non Scary Ways to Share Your Faith (Ramona and Pastor Jim), Alpha, Doug T and Greg M) and Community: Starting Well Emmet and Nancy ). Childcare is provided.
Youth Group 7:00-9:00
We have a joint High School and Middle School group that meets Monday nights at the Ministry Center. We share a time of joint worship, activity and teaching; followed by small groups, determined by age. Have questions? Call Pastor Will @ 360-223-8309
Tuesday Walk-in Prayer 1-5pm in Ruth’s home
314 S. BC Ave. Pray about anything on your heart! The door is open! If you are willing to be a part of passionate prayer for prodigals, please e-mail Ruth at email@example.com. You can call her at 354-2341.
Community Group-Hebrews 7:00 pm
Meets at 418 Cascade Way, Lynden and is led by Chad 360-656-6691.
Bulletin Deadline 2:00
Save the Dates for These Upcoming Events
VCF All Skate and Game Day at Lynden Skateway Oct 22 1:00-4:00
Bring the family to Lynden Skateway at 1:00 and leave at will. Skate rental under 5 years of age is $5.00 and 6 and above is $7.00. There is an extra $2 charge for in-line. You can also rent helmets for $4 and when they are returned receive $2 back. Pay when you arrive to skate or join us at a table for a game and fellowship.
LOV Coffee Saturday Oct 28 at 9:00
This is a time to meet some of the ladies who have started attending Victory in the last year; and also an opportunity for ladies who are new to be introduced to Women’s ministry teams; such as leadership and H2H (Heart to Heart) Partners. Come and enjoy the fellowship and refreshments.
Operation Christmas Child
It’s time to pack those shoe boxes again! Locate a shoebox (cardboard or plastic)’ fill with a special toy and then smaller toys, hygiene items and school supplies. NEW THIS YEAR is a custom restriction on candy and toothpaste. Include $9.00 for shipping for each box (or go online to pay shipping and to opt to track your box). Label the appropriate gender and age of the child, and bring them to the church no later than Nov 12th. Don’t forget to pray for the box recipients and maybe include a letter or picture of your family as well. Brochures are located on the ministry table in the hall.
Intercessory Prayer Team
This ministry is ongoing and can be joined at any time by contacting Tina at firstname.lastname@example.org or Nancy at email@example.com. Satan doesn’t fear our prayers but he DOES fear Christ to Whom we offer our prayers because he knows our Savior hears and answers. Prayer is our greatest weapon against him and evil and he works hard to prevent us from praying. Become a Prayer “Seal” Frontline Warrior of God by uniting with others whose desire is to see God’s Spirit move in our church family, our homes, our community and our nation. No meetings to attend. Pick up a flyer for details along with examples of prayers to pray for one another AND our Pastors, Leaders and Staff. Tee-shirts (Prayer “Seal” uniforms) are also available that proclaim we are people of the Word, of Prayer and Frontline Warriors in God’s Army!
Prayer Requests, as well as updates and praises can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Group Questions
Trading a Loser for a Winner! Romans 7:1-6
1. In a marriage ceremony, what part of the vows speak to the following commitments?
• A Personal Commitment __________________________
• An Unconditional Commitment _____________________
• An Exclusive Commitment ________________________
• A Life-long Commitment __________________________
• A Fruitful Commitment ___________________________
2. When you decide to follow Jesus, what kind of commitment are you making?
3. Why do Bible writers often use marriage as an illustration?
4. What is The Principle in verse 1? Give an illustration.
5. Summarize the statements in Vs. 2-3 about remarriage.
6. What should you do if you haven’t followed these principles? Also see Matthew 5, 19, I Cor 7, Eph 5,
7. How is a believer set free to serve God, regardless of the sin and wrong they have committed? Vs. 4-6.
8. Why does the more we try to keep the law, the more we fail, result in frustration?
9. What are in Vs 5 the “sinful passions aroused by the law.”? Give an example of why you want to break the rules?
10. Vs. 4-6 says since we died to the law, our “marriage” to the law is ended. Why?
11. Outline vs. 4-6 to show how through Jesus, you have entered a relationship where you actually want to do right.
12. Who is the one who “died” in the relationship according to vs 4?
13. What does it mean in vs. 6 that we now serve God in the “new way of the Spirit.”? What is the “new way?”
14. What kind of fruit should be shown in a believer’s life as mentioned in vs. 4?
15. Why do your desires change when you become a believer?
16. Romans 5:5 says God “pours out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.” Why is this promise so important for a believer to understand and model?